Medicolegal Administrative Assistant
The Medicolegal Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing professional support in order to ensure effective and efficient operations in an independent medical evaluation clinic.
- Assist with medical records management for client folders for doctor’s review.
- Answer telephone calls and complete the scheduling process for new appointments.
- Review and issue physician’s reports to insurance adjusters and/or attorneys on independent medical evaluations, impairment ratings, record reviews, and addendums to such cases.
- Greet claimants and complete the intake process as they arrive for appointments.
- Assist the physician during the examination, as needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum five years of experience in medical assistance administrative work including record review, report writing and formatting, and back-office procedures and protocols;
- Experience in communicating with a complex array of medical, legal, and insurance professionals;
- Engage in attentive and focused communication, and proactively look for ways to support colleagues;
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Diligence and Mindfulness — Job requires careful attention to detail and being thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and understanding and helpful on the job.
Lines of communication
- Position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Full-time hourly position, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.